And THEN

 As if the long weekend hadn't already reached peak awesome, Angus had been cajoled into flying to Miami for a week with two high school friends who just graduated, and he was flying out of the Toronto airport on Tuesday morning which meant he would be an hour and a half from where we were on Monday. So instead of going home Monday, Matt (the platinum-level hotel member guy) got us a hotel room by the airport for Monday night so we could hang out with Angus for the evening.

I hadn't seen him since Christmas, so this was really nice.

He's been pretty much kicking ass at adulting, but we figured out that he was not terribly well versed in the whole "flying with liquids" thing, and as a result, he ended up flying to Miami with the tiny bottle of Oil of Olay from my toiletries bag while I came home to Ottawa with his giant bottle of Cetaphil moisturizer.

While we were in the elevator going down to the restaurant I tried to take a selfie, and Matt was in the wrong place so we could only see the back of his head.

So when we were going back up, after a few drinks, we tried the selfie with me looking at the phone and them looking in the mirror.

We all agreed it was profoundly disturbing.

Comments

Marilyn B said…
That’s awesome that you got to see Angus! I’m horrible at selfies. I never know where I’m supposed to look and always end up staring straight into your soul with a weird hyper-focused look or off into space.
Sarah said…
I love your elevator selfies. Also yay for hanging out with your big kids-- so much fun to look forward to as we stand on the adult threshold (gulp).
Nicole said…
Yay for Angus! How lovely to be able to hang with him.
NGS said…
What fun!

I had a real achievement when a friend asked me if she could use a selfie I took of the two of us as her profile picture. My selfie game has clearly improved recently!
This is all just the absolute best. Your smiles are all such a mood lifter.
Ernie said…
I love that a great weekend got better with a visit from a kid who has not been home in awhile. I laughed at your moisturizer swap. Pretty sure i have done a similar swap with a son before he has flown somewhere. I have some of those tiny refillable containers. After the writing on them rubs off I have offered them to Ed. PRETTY SURE THIS IS OIL OF OLAY.
ccr in MA said…
I don't think it looks disturbing! You all look so happy to be together.
StephLove said…
Angus! Hooray!

We almost had a similar opportunity with Noah. North and I will be in Davis, CA for one day and two nights in early July as part of a longer CA/OR trip to visit family and he was willing to fly to us from L.A. for a quick visit, but then he ended up having to work that weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Clothes Make the Blog Post

Books Read in 2021: Four-Star YA Horror

Mean Spirits