I'm such a card

Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions on the wedding card (and a good giggle at the visual from Nicole. I thought about taking Amber's suggestion to just let the kids do it, but Angus is slightly past the stage where he could just draw a big head with a belly button and stick some glitter on it and still be found charming, and Eve agonizes over these things so much that I was worried she'd be up past midnight yelling "I need an espresso and a slightly more sky-ey shade of blue!" And I realized I was seriously overthinking this, and our friendship was probably not going to stand or fall over whether I made a less-than-perfect wedding card.

So I sucked it up and planted my ass at the scrapbooking table and snipped and sliced and laid out and rearranged, and it was fun. I did go with one sincere card and one funny one (not quite sure how I'm going to deal with presenting them). Here's what I came up with:







Ingredients of a successful marriage: Love, Respect, Honesty, Passion, Humour:



Comments

Anonymous said…
Never underestimate the power of a great set of jugs.

(I sorely miss the days before gravity and pregnancy had their ways with mine. Sigh.)
Pam said…
Awesome. But now everyone is going to expect double cards for all occasions. No pressure.
Nicole said…
YES. I love it!! Perfect.

I'm with Amber. My boobs were great ten years ago. Now they are like deflating water balloons.
Patti Murphy said…
Excellent execution. This could be a new line of work for you! Funny goes a long way. Look out shoebox greetings.
Patti Murphy said…
Excellent execution. This could be a new line of work for you! Funny goes a long way. Look out shoebox greetings.
Kelly Miller said…
Love them. Marvelous, though.
Julie said…
the second is my favorite. i'm all for a good laugh.

Popular posts from this blog

Clothes Make the Blog Post

Books Read in 2021: Four-Star YA Horror

Mean Spirits