Day 27

It snowed. I told Angus if we got 20 centimeters of snow I wouldn't be able to drive him to volleyball practice at seven. So he got up at six and shoveled the driveway. So, okay, I drove him to practice. Then he called me after second period and said there were only six kids in his class, and could he come home? So I said yes.

Meanwhile, the buses for Eve's school were cancelled. I used to send the kids when the bus was cancelled, and then at some point I decided that I wouldn't, not every time - not for any really good reason, there are a lot of walkers and the classes usually aren't that empty, but they never get REAL snow days like we got because of the weird funding formula that means the schools stay open even when the buses don't go, and I am a big fan of periodically playing hooky and not driving in heavy snow. But today she said "but would you MIND driving me?" Well no, because Angus already shoveled the driveway. And I have my parents' car, which has snow tires, while my Van of Shame is parked in their garage and they are soaking up the sun in more hospitable climes.

So I made soup. And worked some more on the Christmas calendars. And fed Angus every hour or so when he wandered up looking for food. And walked around in the snow a little. And decided I could make it to book club because the roads were okay now and I couldn't go last month because Matt was away then too, and Eve had African drumming so I was going to just bring her with me and go late, but then she got sick so I couldn't. I said "I really don't want to miss two months in a row" and Eve said "well, they wouldn't really care, would they?" and then her eyes got big and she said "do you think they'd kick you out?" And I said ha ha, no, of course not, and then I thought crap, they wouldn't kick me out, would they?

No, almost certain not. Then again, it's November, and I am twitchy and paranoid. It's better that I went.

This was the book. I'll talk about it some more tomorrow. If I remember.

I have to go to bed now.

Comments

StephLove said…
No one would kick you out of a book club, Allison. Or if they did it would be one sorry excuse for a book club.
StephLove said…
No one would kick you out of a book club, Allison. Or if they did it would be one sorry excuse for a book club.

Popular posts from this blog

Clothes Make the Blog Post

Books Read in 2021: Four-Star YA Horror

Mean Spirits