How Was Yours?

This week-end I tried mightily to rise above my jet-lagged, iron-depleted, winter-exhausted fog. I took my mother to see The Comic Strippers (very, very funny). I went and had drinks for a friend's birthday. I cooked a giant pork roast for book club this week. I went to an axe-throwing wedding shower (hurled an axe many many times at a wooden target board at this place - very, very satisfying). It all ended with Angus having severe lower back spasms Sunday night so I had to go into full TENS-machine/icing/muscle rub physio mode as he sprawled shirtless and yelping with pain across my bed.

In other words, my week-end was full of a lot of half-naked man action, none of it remotely sexy.

In other other words, the week-end contained multiple, multiple references to pork, butts and getting wood, in very different contexts.

In other other other words, I went to the strippers thing BEFORE getting drunk and went axe-throwing AFTER, which was not the wisest course of action.

In other other other other words, the festivities started with half-naked merriment and ended with me rubbing Biofreeze into my son's ass, and I still wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's.

Comments

D said…
I cannot tell you how much I love this post. Well, possibly I can, but I did.
Nicole said…
Pork, butts, and getting wood. This is why I love you. Well, one of the many reasons.
mindreader said…
But..Hawaii!! And you're rolling with it. :)
Dimitra said…
You are a rock star!
Oh my goodness! This made me laugh so hard. Life is bizarre isn't it?

Poor Angus! Poor you.

Can you even imagine what a list of "stuff you never thought you'd say/do as a parent" would look like? Hilarious and terrifying at once.

I am always happy to see a new post from you. : )
StephLove said…
I did not even know recreational axe throwing was a thing.

Popular posts from this blog

Clothes Make the Blog Post

Books Read in 2021: Four-Star YA Horror

Mean Spirits