Day 11

I'm hearing about horrible acts committed by ignorant, bigoted people gloating over Trump's winning the presidency and drunk with the power of having their racism, sexism and various other hatreds legitimized. I'm feeling enraged and unutterably weary that people fought and died in wars to secure our freedom and this is what so many choose to do with it.

On the drive here I listened to the song Good Day by Jewel, which reminded me that "this crazy mixed-up beauty is all that we have".

Tonight Zarah and I watched the movie Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, in which one soldier after losing his legs declares that "you embrace the suck. You move the fuck forward."

And that's all I have right now. Other than that I still miss Matt's Grandpa, and I lost a record nine poppies this year.

Comments

StephLove said…
I'm trying to write about the election. It isn't easy. And I had to delete a lot of what I wrote before the election, on the assumption of a different outcome. Yes, I was that sure.

Popular posts from this blog

Clothes Make the Blog Post

Books Read in 2021: Four-Star YA Horror

Mean Spirits