1. My hip hurts. It hurts a lot. I'm accustomed to my feet hurting when I walk or stand a lot, and my knee got into the act a couple of years ago, but this is relatively new and sudden. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, it hurts, in a burning, grinding, miserable way, and it's sort of an integral part of most movements, so it's hard to ignore.
2. I spent most of today cooking and cleaning and organizing and Freecycling. This had a net effect of getting rid of one fleece vest and one pair of kids' boots, and moving a metric shit-ton of other crap around to different places in my house (I had a dining room table. Now it's gone). It also reminded me that my method of sorting through my kids' outgrown clothes every year and getting rid of a few more things, and then putting the rest back to go through the next year, while being a method that my sentimental and hoarding self can endure, is just a massively, MASSIVELY inefficient method of purging.
3. I ate a lot of crap today. I mean a LOT of crap. I was hanging around in the kitchen, close to all the food, and what can I say, mistakes were made.
This is how I'm addressing my concerns:
1. I can go to physiotherapy. I am in physiotherapy for my shoulder at the moment, which is a little bit improved, and it would be really nice if I could finish that and then not go back for a bit, but I'm actually very fortunate to have the option. They can figure out if it's a muscle or a joint issue and give me some exercises and do some treatment and it's possible, even likely, that my hip will not hurt forever, the way it feels like it will right now.
2. I can Freecycle more stuff over the next few days, and OFCP is coming by for donations on Monday, so I can get rid of a bunch more stuff in one fell swoop then. It won't be everything, and I will still have more small adorable pieces of clothing than I should, but it's a step. The basement looks much cleaner and more spacious than it did a few hours ago (Angus even commented on it). The last couple of boxes of Christmas decorations are neatly stacked back in the storage space just in time to come out again, but last year none of them made it back in, so I'm calling it progress. I also found a copy of Curious George plays baseball - Angus lives down in the basement so he hangs out and we talk and reminisce about the stuff I come across while I'm sorting, which is nice.
So. It's all good. Anybody want some Blues Clues VHS tapes?