Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The squeaky angel gets the grease: What happened at Christmas time

We made some stuff that started out like this



or this,


and ended up like this:



We put out some stuff like this:


and this:



People gave us beautiful things that looked like this:














We gave people stuff that looked like this:



We made people wear these:



But some people did this all on their own:


We dressed up like this:



and this:





We ate some stuff:


We drank some stuff:


We won't say much about the night Collette got put to bed when the clock said this:


But just before that, she looked like this:


We naturally did a little of this:



and this


Followed by a bunch of this:







SOMEONE felt the need to prove that he could still do this:


We were, as always, grateful for these:


and these:


and that, while some things were broken,


most important things remained whole.


And this little diva squeaked her way through all of it.


12 comments:

Nicole said...

I love this. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas, lots of friends and family (and is that a bowl of ketchup chips? My favourite!)

Nan | Wrath Of Mom said...

Is that a duck shaped drinking vessel or are you making that man drink out of an egg cup?!

Happy 2013.

call me nora said...

So cute!

Kim said...

<3 <3 <3

This is just wonderful. I LOVE IT.

Also, please tell Eve that I have used the measuring tape TWICE now--once to measure furniture for the movers and once to measure a snow bank to brag about lo-how-much-I-have-shoveled.

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

I can't even describe how jealous I am of those cookies. Glad to know we aren't the only ones battling in the living room and I love the crowns. I made everyone wear KMart Tiaras ; )

Sasha said...

Love this.

Anonymous said...

North manufactures three principal [URL=http://www.thenorthfaceoutletstores.net/#512]north face outlet store[/URL] of tents: Trip, -season and Ultralight tents.North Encounter Expedition Tents:North Face Expedition Tents include the [URL=http://www.thenorthfaceoutletstores.net/#968]north face clearance[/URL] Meter Dome, Himalayan , Expedition , VE and Huge batch .

Hannah said...

Everything in this post made me smile. Thank you for sharing your Christmas with us.

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

Awesome Christmas roundup. And those cookies looked so cute! I keep meaning to make some of those each year and then I realize that I really am a lazy baker and they look much too time consuming to do.

StephLove said...

I've been blogging since 2007 and I've only blogged one Christmas because I usually can't figure out what to say. Most of our Christmases are so like each other and pretty similar to every one else's I can never find an angle. (Plus I can't blog about Christmas at Beth's mom's where we go every other year because I got in big trouble for that once. Email me if you want the whole sordid story.)

But a photo essay is a great idea. I will keep that tucked away.

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good holiday.

Shan said...

Lovely!

Megan said...

What an amazing Christmas - and I'm totally in awe of those cookies - how did you do that?!